Monday, March 29, 2010

True or False: We should care about endangered species

False:  If a species is gonna go out, its gonna go out.  Its not like it hasn't happened before, lest we forget dinosaurs, saber-tooth tigers and other things with sabers for teeth.  Sure, people say that humans are causing species to become extinct, and if it weren't for people there wouldn't be a problem.  But everything that goes extinct goes extinct because of something.  Dinosaurs went out because of that thing that made them extinct.  Same with mammoths.  Animal groups always insist that we'll be so sad once these animals are gone.  But I say we're missing out right now by not knowing what its like to live in a world without these endangered animals.  Don't you wonder what it would be like if there were no crocodiles?  I thought so.  Also, by the time they actually make it to complete extinction, I'm sure science will figure out a way to produce them anyway.  Don't get me wrong, I don't care if people become extinct either.  Unless it happens in the next 70 years or so, or unless reincarnation turns out to be true, which the Bible says is very unlikely.  So I'm gonna roll out my panda bearskin rug, fry up my bald eagle wings, and bathe in warm whale oil, because what the hell, I deserve it. 

No comments: